Adult Advanced Space Academy
Always wanted to be an astronaut but were too old for Space Camp? This year, we are offering you the chance to participate in our Adult Advanced Space Academy® program! Go above and beyond the typical camp experience with this weeklong, fully immersive experience. Adult trainees undergo a variety of astronaut training exercises, engineering challenges, and teambuilding activities, all culminating in an extended-duration simulated space mission.
Join us November 12-17, 2017 for this unique Space Camp experience!
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair and the Multi-Axis Trainer!
- Design, build and launch a rocket, and safely recover its payload.
- Learn teambuilding skills on the high and low elements at our Area 51 Challenge Course.
- Experience neutral buoyancy while SCUBA diving in the Underwater Astronaut Trainer!
- Fly jet aircraft simulators!
- Conquer the Centrifuge!
- Discover the role the International Space Station plays in our global community.
- Prepare for every contingency as you go to Mars on an extended-duration mission simulation!
Arrival Window: Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (CST)
Program Orientation: 2:00 p.m. (CST)
Graduation Ceremony: Friday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (CST)
Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
If you are scheduling a Friday departure flight, please allow three hours from the end of graduation until the flight time.