Family Aviation Challenge is an outdoor experience that brings civilian and military aviation together. Students undergo training in flight simulators and gain survival skills on land and in water. Come see how high your dreams can fly at Aviation Challenge!
- Learn navigation and air combat techniques and put them to the test in our F-18 Hornet simulators!
- Practice water-survival skills using our helicopter simulators for a water crash and rescue by a survival lifter.
- Experience the unique sensation of feeling three times your normal weight in our one-of-a-kind adrenaline charged centrifuge!
- Learn basic survival skills for land and sea.
- Get up close and personal with a wide range of retired aircraft available onsite!
- Engage in a mission in our F-18 cockpit simulators!
- Learn about the history of military and civilian aviation.
Arrival Window: Friday, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (CST)
Program Orientation: Friday, 1:30 p.m. (CST)
Three-day program – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (CST)
Four-day program – Monday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (CST)
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights OR 4 days, 3 nights
- Padlock for your locker
- Toiletries: soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush
- Hair brush/comb
- Towels and washcloths
- Appropriate clothing for changing weather conditions
- Water Bottle
- Bug Spray
- Swimwear and towel for water activity
- Close-toe shoes (required for some simulators)
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Change or $1 bills for vending machines
- Cameras and Video Cameras are encouraged
Nuts and nut-containing items are NOT allowed in any Space Camp trainee areas of the Space Camp Crew Galley (dining area). Any nut products brought in will be confiscated and disposed of immediately and without reimbursement.
Space Camp and the U.S. Space & Rocket Center are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.