- Are the simulators open?
Please refer to the Plan You Day tool for a complete list of open simulators.
U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- How do I apply for a position at the USSRC?
To apply for employment at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center you must submit an application for an open position online.
- Is the <em>INTUITIVE</em>® Planetarium open?
- Is the Mars Grill open?
Yes, The Mars Grill is open!
- Is the National Geographic Theater open?
- Is the U.S. Space & Rocket Center part of NASA?
No, the U.S. Space & Rocket Center is however, the Official Visitor Center for NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center. The Center is also a Smithsonian Affiliate.
- What are your operating hours?
We are open daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- What attractions and exhibits are currently open?
Please refer to the Plan You Day tool for a complete list of open attractions and exhibits.
- What is your current featured exhibit?
We are currently featuring "Dare to Explore: Frontiers of Space" Please click here to learn more about this exciting exhibit.
- What is your physical address to enter into our GPS?
1 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL 35805 For directions and parking information, click HERE
Traveling to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- I have an RV and would like to stay in it. Where is the closest RV Park to the US Space & Rocket Center?
The closest RV park is located onsite the US Space & Rocket Center campus. Visit RV PARK for more information on the park or to reserve your space.
- I want to explore Huntsville; can you recommend things to do?
Huntsville has many great attractions very close to the US Space & Rocket Center. . For some ideas of things to see and do, click HERE For more helpful travel information visit TRAVEL
- Where is the closest hotel to the US Space & Rocket Center?
- The closest hotel to the museum is the Huntsville Marriot, which sits just off campus and is within walking distance.
- We have partnered with area hotels to provide an exclusive rate for our guests. A list of these hotels can be found HERE
Working at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Are employees of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center the same as employees at a regular state agency?
The U.S. Space & Rocket Center hires two classifications of employee. One classification is an employee of the Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission (ASSEC) and the other is an employee of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center Foundation.
- Do I have to be a U.S. citizen to work at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center?
Yes, one must either be a citizen of the United States or be legally eligible to work in the United States. We do use E-Verify to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- How can I change my telephone number or update my information?
To make changes to your name, address, phone number, dependents, marital status, tax class, etc., please contact the Human Resources Department.
- How do I get a copy of my pay stub?
Using the UltiPro system, you can perform important functions such as:
- View paycheck information
- View time and attendance data
- Update personal information (address, emergency contact, phone number, etc.)
- How many museum passes do I get and where do I pick them up?
You many pick up your tickets in H.R.
- Full-time employees receive 10 complimentary tickets per calendar year, after 30 days of employment.
- Seasonal employees receive 5 complimentary tickets per calendar year, after 30 days of employment.
- Part-time employees receive 5 complimentary tickets per calendar year, after 60 days of employment.
- I am an employee, how do I apply for internal job opportunities?
Please following the instructions below when applying for open opportunities within the Center.
- Log in to your UltiPro account
- Navigate to MYSELF > MY COMPANY > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES
- Select the job for which you want to apply
- Click APPLY NOW
- What happens when I apply?
After you apply online for an open position at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, your application will be received by the Human Resources department for review. If selected to interview, we will be in contact by phone.
- What is the Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission (ASSEC)?
The Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission is a commission of the State of Alabama created for the purpose of maintaining exhibits of space exploration and hardware
- What is the U.S. Space & Rocket Center Foundation?
The U.S. Space & Rocket Center Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization designated a public charity on March 22, 2002. General donations made to the Foundation support many projects and educational programs at the Center, including exhibit maintenance and upkeep, featured traveling exhibitions and permanent exhibit installations like the Red Tail restoration project, Pass the Torch lecture series, International Space Camp, Be-Ready Camp and public behind-the-scenes Space Camp tours.