- Have a minimum of 30 hours of college;
- Are at least 20 years old;
- Have experience working with young people;
- Pass background and drug tests;
- Complete extensive training in simulator safety, program fundamentals and age characteristics.
- Uniformed security guards on premises 24/7 and on-site in Habitat during nights and evenings.
- Simulators are safety-checked daily by a professional technician.
Safety and Security:
- RN-licensed medical staff on-site 24/7 when weeklong camps are in session and during museum hours.
- Medical questions may be directed to 256.721.7162.
- Every effort is made to accommodate trainees with special needs, including hearing or visually-impaired , those with special dietary requirements or trainees in wheelchairs.
- Advanced notice is required for special accommodations.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided daily in the Space Camp Crew Galley.
- Meals are all-you-can eat, and we offer a non-repeating menu of foods.
- We are experienced in accommodating trainees with special dietary needs. Please call 256.721.7174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Four-week advanced notification for special dietary requests.)
- Trainees are housed in Space Habitat bays of seven beds, or larger Habitat bays of 20 – 40 beds.
- Blankets, sheets and pillowcases are provided for our weeklong trainees.
- Towels and washcloths are not provided.
- Lockers are in each room; trainees must provide their own padlock.
- Choose from one of four payment plans. Please call 1.800.637.7223 for information on payment plans and availability.
- We realize that situations may arise that require cancellation.
- Please visit www.spacecamp.com or call 1.800.637.7223 for our full policy.
- You may register online at www.spacecamp.com or by calling 1.800.637.7223.
- After registration, you will receive an email confirmation with necessary information.
- Health and transportation forms will be required in order to attend camp. These forms may be filled out via our website; details will be in the email confirmation.
Registration and Confirmation:
- Space Camp® and Aviation Challenge® are located approximately 10 miles from the Huntsville International Airport.
- Transportation to and from the Huntsville International Airport (HSV) is available for trainees for $25 round-trip;
- Trainees are greeted at their gate by a uniformed staff member and transported directly to Space Camp;
- Early arrival and late departure options are available for trainees whose travel schedule requires them to arrive a day early or depart a day later; please call 1.800.637.7223 for details.
- Space Camp for Visually-Impaired Students – Contact Dan Oates at 304.851.5680
- Space Camp for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing – Contact Amy Newland at 202.651.5031 (voice) or 202.651.5636 (TTY/VP).